Friday, February 16, 2007

so instead of sitting in my room all day & feeling sad and sorry about how lonely i was, I decided to get out.
First I bought a pair of black ankle books. i don't really need a reason for it. I just saw them and they were 13 dollars - jackpot. And I put on a more stylish outfit because I wanted to go walk around in soho :)
It was a long walk down there & seemed even longer b/c of the ice & cold & such, but totally worth it. I love soho. I totally want to live there in a few years (i'm perfectly content living in the more expensive west village since i'm not paying for any of it). I finally made it to Housing Works Book Store which I had been wanting to go to for a while & today was the perfect day. It was a totally cool place. Not only is it full of cool books & coffee (shit, what a fantastic combo) but its full of intellectual soho-ians. I picked up a few books and sat down at a little table to try and decide which one. Behind me, three people were sitting over coffee discussing non-traditional racism and then its relation to religion. This might seem overly/sickenly pretentious, but it wasn't. The people next to me were talking about art and a funny encounter at D'Agostinos. and the 5 people behind the counter were sarcastically bouncing off jokes about burning money & if there was a fine for it. I decided to get "Intro to Buddhism," and got a nice warm cup of coffee to go with it. I can't wait to find another reason to get down there.
Since I wanted to make the yoga class at 7, I took the subway back. I ran down the steps for the prince street stop, and the train was there exactly when I got down the steps. So I swipped and ran onto the train as the doors were closing. GOD, IT WAS SO NEW YORK OF ME!
& then i took power yoga, which is exactly what its called. So its the whole relaxation and downward-dogging (which honestly still sounds like a sexual thing), but its a little faster and extream, so it makes you feel like you are a bit more powerful doing the warrior two pose (which honestly still reminds me of Paige & student teacher Mr. O).
Then I ate a salad & did homework.
ha okay, I am pretty lame, but whatever...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home